Please see below for available openings at Highland Valley Elder Services. We offer our full-time employees:
- • 37.5-hour Work Week
- • Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- • Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- • 401(k) Retirement Plan, with matching and discretionary employer contributions
- • 13 Paid Holidays & 3 Personal Days
- • 15 Vacation Days
- • Professional Training Opportunities
- • Free, Convenient Parking
- • Voluntary Supplemental Insurances
To apply for any of these positions, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Highland Valley is an AA/EOE.http://www.highlandvalley.org/wp-admin/themes.php
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing daily fiscal operations by enforcing established policies, procedures and internal controls. Responsibilities also include monitoring agency, service provider and vendor contracts to ensure the integrity of all fiscal functions and contractual compliance.
AUTHORITY: This position reports to and is supervised by the Chief Financial Officer. Performance will be evaluated within the first six months and at least yearly thereafter.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting and 5 years of financial management and supervisory experience required. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communications skills. Knowledge of Federal and state laws and agency regulations as they relate to position. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
A. Manage Daily Fiscal Operations
1. Manages all general ledger accounts to trial balance.
2. Develops and revises procedures and internal controls as needed with CFO.
3. Oversees Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Purchasing.
4. Handles cash management under direction of the CFO. Assist CFO in preparation of cash flow projections.
5. Reviews month end postings, general journal entries and account reconciliations.
6. Assists CFO with management of agency Retirement Plan documentation and activities.
7. Assists CFO in preparation and analysis of financial statements and agency program and master budget.
8. Manages annual agency audits and supports other program audits as they relate to fiscal operations.
9. Works with agency auditors, retirement plan brokers, third-party administrator and fund manager and outside consultants for accounting software services.
10. Responsible for recruitment, orientation, training, and cross training procedures for IO/Fiscal Department staff.
11. Supervises and evaluates Staff Accountant, Payroll/Benefits Coordinator, Accounting Assistant and Program Assistant responsible for Purchasing.
B. Monitor Agency Agreements, Contracts, and MOU’s
1. Monitors agency contracts and manages contracts database. Serves as Home Care contract manager at state-wide meetings. Liaisons with ASAP peers.
2. Expands purchase of service contract system and facilitates the three-year cycle RFP process with AD of Programs & Services.
3. Represents Highland Valley at community and state levels.
1. Supervises IO/Administration staff in the absence of Office Systems Manager.
2. Participates in training and development activities to increase knowledge/skills for continuous strong performance in this position.
3. Participates in required performance quality initiatives within program area.
D. Additional Job Requirements
1. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
2. Environmental Conditions
a. Work is 90% indoor office work; 10% outdoor (i.e. travel to attend required meetings, presentations and trainings).
3. Physical Requirements
a. While performing duties of position, employee will be required to sit/stand for extended periods.
b. Working knowledge of computers, applicable software and databases and capacity to see computer screen and read written material.
c. Capacity to communicate verbally with staff/supervisors, consumers and community.
d. Capacity for the fine manipulation of office equipment.
e. Capacity for occasional reaching, lifting or bending.
4. Work Environment Expectations
a. Available to work a salaried position with primary hours daily M-F, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
b. Ability to drive as the position requires.