Please see below for available openings at Highland Valley Elder Services. We offer our full-time employees:
- • 37.5-hour Work Week
- • Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- • Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- • 401(k) Retirement Plan, with matching and discretionary employer contributions
- • 13 Paid Holidays & 3 Personal Days
- • 15 Vacation Days
- • Professional Training Opportunities
- • Free, Convenient Parking
- • Voluntary Supplemental Insurances
To apply for any of these positions, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Highland Valley is an AA/EOE.
Meals on Wheels Driver – Northampton
JOB SUMMARY: Delivers meals to participants of Highland Valley’s Home- Delivered Meals Program.
JOB AUTHORITY: This position reports to the Home Delivered Meals Site Coordinator.
Up to 10 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm max.
$11.00 per hour plus mileage reimbursement
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of the service delivery area for Home-Delivered Meals (HDMs).
A valid driver’s license.
A reliable vehicle to transport the meals.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Helps to pack coolers and bags for delivery of HDMs.
B. Delivers HDMs as assigned by Supervisor.
C. Reports to or calls Home Delivered Meals Site Coordinator if any problems arise on Home-Delivered Meals route.
D. Responsible for cleaning of own containers daily.
E. Driver should report any change in a participant’s condition or living situation to their Home Delivered Meals Site Coordinator. Driver should discuss with their supervisor which participants on their route need to have an individual call if meals are cancelled.
F. Participates in training and development activities leading to strong performance in this position.
G. Participates in required quality performance initiatives within program area.
G. Must be able to lift 25 lbs, and move 100 ft.
H. While delivering meals, must wear the agency issued ID badge.
I. Performs other appropriate duties, as assigned by the Home Delivered Meals Site Coordinator.
Job Summary: Packs home delivered meals at Walter Salvo Kitchen.
Job Authority: This position reports to the Packing Supervisor.
20 hours/week Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am
$11.70 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Plugs in heating equipment.
2) Packages fruits, desserts, salads and hot meals for daily use.
3) Cleans and packs coolers.
4) Helps serve and package main meal and evening meal.
5) Loads meals into warming units for distribution.
6) Keeps track of meal counts consistent with daily assignment board.
7) Assists in end of day clean up including sanitizing all equipment.
8) Counts out and prepares supplies for next day use.
9) Participates in required quality performance initiatives within program area.
10) Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by packing supervisor.
a) Must be able to work at a fast pace to ensure delivery of meals on time to destinations.
b) Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and move it at least 100 feet.
c) Must be able to safely perform all job functions consistent with food service duties.
d) Must have the ability to work both independently as well as cooperatively with others.
e) Must be able to write and fill out required forms.