Please see below for available openings at Highland Valley Elder Services. We offer our full-time employees:
- • 37.5-hour Work Week
- • Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- • Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- • 401(k) Retirement Plan, with matching and discretionary employer contributions
- • 11 Paid Holidays & 6 Personal Days
- • 15 Vacation days
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Highland Valley is an AA/EOE.
Highland Valley Elder Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit corporation that serves 24 communities in Hampshire and western Hampden counties. We serve older adults and their families through collaboration, education, advocacy, and a range of programs designed to support them where they live.
JOB SUMMARY: Conduct clinical assessment on seniors and determine eligibility for programs. Establish and/or maintain working relationships with area home-health agencies, health care facilities and skilled nursing facilities.
AUTHORITY: Reports to the Nursing Programs Manager
REQUIREMENTS: RN, BSN or AD with a minimum of two years of experience in a community or long-term care setting.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Conduct Clinical Assessments on seniors.
2. Determine Eligibility for a variety of Programs.
3. Provide ongoing education and consultation to ASAP Case Management staff and area health providers regarding clinical eligibility criteria for ASAP and MassHealth programs and services.
4. Function as liaison to administrative staff at home health agencies, area skilled nursing facilities, and Executive Office of Elder Affairs clinical staff.
5. Attend applicable staff and/or agency meetings.
6. Participate in training development activities to increase knowledge/skills for continuous strong performance in this position.
7. Participates in required quality performance initiatives within responsible program areas.
8. Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
Additional Job Requirements
1. Environmental Conditions: Work is 75% indoor office work; 25% outdoor (i.e. travel to consumers and attend required meetings).
2. Physical Requirements
a. While performing duties of position, employee will be required to sit/stand for extended periods.
b. Working knowledge of computers applicable software and databases and capacity to see computer screen and read written material.
c. Capacity to communicate verbally with staff/supervisors, consumers and community.
d. Capacity for the fine manipulation with use of office equipment.
e. Capacity for occasional reaching, lifting or bending.
3. Work Environment Expectations
a. Available to work an hourly position M-F, 9am-5pm. 37.5 hours per week. Employee (full benefits) or Per Diem. $30 per hour
b. Ability to drive own vehicle as the position requires.
Meals on Wheels Assistant Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: This position will provide operational support to the Agency’s
AUTHORITY: This position reports to and is supervised by the Northampton and
Easthampton Dining Center Coordinators
REQUIREMENTS: High comfort level with learning new software and databases.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Must be
detail oriented with strong organizational skills in a fast paced
environment. Independent functioning, initiative, and the follow
through required to complete deadlines. Must be able to sit for long
periods of time at a computer. Ability to pass a CORI check.
I. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be able to safely perform all job functions consistent with food service duties.
2. Must be able to use the telephone to maintain contact with elders and agency
3. Must be able to write and fill out required forms.
4. Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively with the elders in the
community, to promote a friendly and home-like atmosphere.
5. Must have computer skills and be comfortable learning new software.
6. Must be knowledgeable about current office technology.
7. Must be able to read maps and design route sheets for drivers including, reorganizing
routes as clients enter or leave the program.
8. Must have food service knowledge and experience.
9. Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
10. Must have strong interpersonal skills, including willingness to engage new and potential
11. Must have vehicle to travel within service area for meal deliveries.
12. Must be willing to substitute at other Community Dining Centers in the absence of the
II. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Take reservations, cancellations and place orders with Kitchen for Home Delivered
a. Coordinate with the elders the set-up, supplies, portion control, sanitation and
equipment in the Dining Room.
b. Monitor food delivery, including meal count & temperature readings from the
c. Maintain daily attendance sheets, voluntary donations and monthly
consolidation forms for Community and Home Delivered Meals.
d. Other tasks as specified in the Dining Center Operations Manual.
2. Participate in training and development activities to keep up with knowledge/skills
leading to a strong performance in this position.
3. Participate in required quality performance initiatives within program area.
4. Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
III. Environmental Conditions – work is 90% indoor work; 10% outdoor (i.e. travel to attend meetings, events, errands and trainings). If making meal deliveries, work is 90% outdoor and 10% indoor.
IV. Physical Requirements
1. Employee will be required to sit/stand for extended periods.
2. Capacity to see computer screen and read written material.
3. Capacity to communicate verbally with staff, supervisors, consumers and community.
4. Capacity for the fine manipulation with use of office equipment.
5. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and move it at least 100 feet.
V. Work Environment Expectations
1. Available to work a 15 hour week as follows: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
(10 am to 1pm when needed) $12.75 per hour. Great for stay at home parents!
2. Ability to drive own vehicle as the position requires. Mileage reimbursement is
Care Advisor/Geriatric Case Manager
Highland Valley Elder Services, Inc. is currently hiring for a Care Advisor to increase living options for elders by developing, implementing and monitoring a service plan, using a comprehensive assessment procedure, which will best assist an elder to maintain the living arrangement of his/her choice.The Care Advisor reports to and is supervised by the Home Care Program Director and the Home Care Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Link and coordinate resources with elders.
• Make comprehensive assessments through field interview and observation. Conduct monitoring visits at regular intervals and as needed.
• From this assessment, develop and implement a service plan, make referrals to appropriate agencies and follow up on these referrals.
• Act as an advocate to/with the elder when necessary.
• Maintain the case file by completing all mandated paperwork in a timely fashion according to required documentation standards.
• Provide Information and Referral services.
• Participate in Highland Valley’s development of comprehensive community programming efforts.
• Participate in training and development activities to increase knowledge/skills for continuous strong performance in this position.
• Participate in required quality performance initiatives within program area.
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisor to meet agency needs.
• Bachelor’s degree required, social work or related field preferred
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Prior experience with assessments or patient intake
• Prior sales experience a plus but not required
• Ability to operate independently and use discretion
• Strong work ethic and commitment to success
• Caring attitude and compassion
• $18 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Accepting resumes until position filled.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Cathy Twiss, Assoc Dir of HR
320 Riverside Drive, Suite B
Florence, MA 01062
Are you looking for work in the home care industry?
Highland Valley Elder Services does not employ home healthcare workers. However, our provider partners are frequently interested in adding to their team of professionals. Click here for direct care worker opportunities outside of Highland Valley.